Mood and Anxiety Disorders Are Big Problems in Canada—but We Can Help You!
Mood and anxiety disorders, including depression, are the most common mental illnesses in North America, with a prevalence rate of almost 20%. Depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety are the leading causes of disability, lost productivity, and impaired functioning in Canada. The World Health Organization ranks major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder among the top ten causes of disability worldwide.
Most Canadians suffering from mood and anxiety disorders do not receive the help they need to get well and sustain their recoveries long term. However, mood and anxiety disorders do respond well to comprehensive, evidence-based treatment. An effectively designed and individualized treatment program can change everything!
We’d like to Introduce You to the Bellwood Mood and Anxiety Program
The Bellwood Mood and Anxiety Program (MAP) is a seven-week residential treatment program designed specifically for individuals who have been struggling with chronic depression, bipolar disorder (not in an active manic episode), or anxiety. When a new patient is admitted, they will meet with members of the MAP team, who will create an individualized treatment program tailored to the patient’s unique needs.
MAP provides a supported and structured treatment experience that allows patients to make meaningful changes that help sustain long-term recoveries. MAP treatment includes the following activities:
- One-on-one therapy
- Small-group therapy
- In-vivo exposure or activation therapy (when appropriate for the patient)
- Daily physical exercise and education
- Nutrition education
- Recreational activities
- Social activities
Also, patients’ families are provided with support and psychoeducation.
MAP takes a biopsychosocial, individualized, and evidence-based approach to treating mood and anxiety disorders that sets it apart from all other similar programs available in Canada.
Is Bellwood MAP the Right Program for You?
The Bellwood Mood and Anxiety Program (MAP) can help you if you meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a diagnosis, or experience ongoing symptoms, of depression, bipolar disorder, or an anxiety disorder (including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic, and agoraphobia).
- You do not have any other concurrent disorders.
- You are not currently in an active manic episode.
- You are ready to engage in one-on-one therapy.
- You are ready to engage in group therapy.